Friday, May 11, 2007

Driver Upgrade

NVidia has released a new driver package!

Drivers for x64 vista have been spotty to date but this update to nTune seemed to go a long way in providing me with decent system stats. It is also the only way we'll be able to OC the 8800.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/ntune_5.05.38.00.html

Also, new 8800 drivers were released on May 2nd!

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_x64_158.18.html

The install process is easier. I can now play texas hold 'em with out that nasty flicker. Stay away from the DreamScene content though, it apparenly causes major issues.

**Note** I would highly recommend running all of the control panels as administrator, they seem to crash when they are not.

1 comment:

steve said...

Well I'm at a loss! I buildt a system that has the 4x4 motherboard and I have installed vista 32bit enterprise home premium edition, I have 4 gigs of the dominator ddr2 memory (which only 2 gigs is recognized, 2 raptor 150 gig hard drives, the 8800 water cooled edition of geforce video card. with a 1000 W power supply. I have 2 fX-74 3.00 GHz Processor.
Ok now that I got that out of the way. their are a few things that are stumping me. 1. my motherboard disk says that I'm not running windows and won't work? So I can't install or update drivers. I also don't know how to check if the memory is bad or if it's a setting or even if the DIMM slot is bad? I also want to update to vista 64 bit, is this poissible? I also checked my score and its 5.4 because of the processor. Please help!!! I spent a lot of money on this and I want to get the most out of it. Thanks!!!