Friday, May 11, 2007

Driver Upgrade

NVidia has released a new driver package!

Drivers for x64 vista have been spotty to date but this update to nTune seemed to go a long way in providing me with decent system stats. It is also the only way we'll be able to OC the 8800.

Also, new 8800 drivers were released on May 2nd!

The install process is easier. I can now play texas hold 'em with out that nasty flicker. Stay away from the DreamScene content though, it apparenly causes major issues.

**Note** I would highly recommend running all of the control panels as administrator, they seem to crash when they are not.

1 comment:

steve said...

Well I'm at a loss! I buildt a system that has the 4x4 motherboard and I have installed vista 32bit enterprise home premium edition, I have 4 gigs of the dominator ddr2 memory (which only 2 gigs is recognized, 2 raptor 150 gig hard drives, the 8800 water cooled edition of geforce video card. with a 1000 W power supply. I have 2 fX-74 3.00 GHz Processor.
Ok now that I got that out of the way. their are a few things that are stumping me. 1. my motherboard disk says that I'm not running windows and won't work? So I can't install or update drivers. I also don't know how to check if the memory is bad or if it's a setting or even if the DIMM slot is bad? I also want to update to vista 64 bit, is this poissible? I also checked my score and its 5.4 because of the processor. Please help!!! I spent a lot of money on this and I want to get the most out of it. Thanks!!!